We’re the UK charity for backstage and front of house workers, with over 125 years’ experience helping people.
Whether you need a shoulder to lean on or are interested in further training, we can provide practical help at any stage of your career – from welfare and debt advice to financial support or counselling.
The Theatrical Guild helps people across the UK to recover from ill health, overcome sudden set-backs, expand their skillsets, or speak with a counsellor.
Every application is handled in total confidence and we will never speak to your employer about your circumstances.
We’re on a mission to break down the stigma of asking for support.
Our aim is always to help solve the immediate problem without delay and, where we can, get people back to work as soon as possible. We empower people to take control of their lives, find solutions to their problems, and be self-sufficient. It’s not always easy to ask for help. But we all know how difficult our industry can be – so don’t be shy.
Let’s get you back on your feet and doing what you love.
In recent years, we’ve helped people deal with problems both in their careers and their personal lives. We listen to any problem, and we never judge anyone. Some people sustain injuries at work; some contract illnesses or need to care for family members. Some people have questions about their sexuality. Others struggle with depression or anxiety, sometimes caused by bullying in the workplace, family breakdown, or the death of a loved one. We’ve helped people escape abusive or controlling relationships. We’ve saved people from losing their home. A lack of money should never be a barrier to achievement, so we’ve helped countless people with funding to help meet course fees. We’re proud to be a safety net for theatre workers. Whether or not the problem is caused by the job, whether it’s practical or emotional, big or small – we’ll always find a way to help.
These are just a sample of the people we support:
- Stage Management (inc. SM’s, ASM’s, DSM’s…)
- Front of House (inc. Ushers, Box office staff…
- Costume (inc. Designers, Dressers, Wigs, Hair and Make-up…)
- Sound (inc. Designers, Engineers, Technicians…)
- Lighting (inc. Designers, Operators, Technicians, Programmers…)
- Theatre Management (inc. Theatre Managers, Company Managers, Production Managers…)
- Directors (inc. Assistant Directors…)
- Set Construction (inc. Riggers, Carpenters, Flymen, Electricians…)
- Stage (inc. Scenic Artists, Painters, Stagehands, Stage Door Keepers…)
- Props (inc. Prop Makers, Puppet Makers…)
- Specialist theatre photographers
- Casting Directors
- Automation (inc. Designers, Operators, Technicians, Videographers…)
- Access Providers (inc. Captioners, Audio Describers, BSL interpreters…)
- Support Staff (inc. Chaperones…)
Applicants must have spent MOST of their career studying or working in a relevant backstage or front of house position.
Please note that we DO NOT support actors, singers or musicians (unless they also have relevant backstage or front of house experience), please see our Useful Resources page for theatrical charities that do.